GovPayNet - pay parking tickets online

What are the devices that have been mounted on the traffic signals?

Contrary to popular belief, these devices are NOT cameras. They were purchased by the City along with special strobe lights that have been mounted on each emergency vehicle. The devices detect the emergency response vehicles responding to calls and automatically change the traffic lights to green for them. 

Who do I call during severe weather to report power outages or trees down?

During severe weather, the Shawano County Dispatch Center is typically swamped with calls. We ask for everyone's help in eliminating unnecessary calls at that time. If your power is out, most likely it is also out in other areas. Unless it poses some sort of an emergency, it is best if you wait until after the severe weather passes and give the Shawano Municipal Utilities (SMU) crews time to assess the damage and begin repairs. There is no need to call the Police Department unless there is a power line down, in which case we may need to send an officer to ensure safety. If there are trees down, the Police Department doesn't need to be notified unless it is blocking a street, is leaning on power lines or has knocked power lines down. When we are notified of power outages or trees down, we refer the reports to SMU for power and the Department of Public Works (DPW) for trees down, and those agencies respond as they are able.

How do I get the Wisconsin Road Report?

Call 1-800-762-3947 or Click Here.

What area does the Shawano Police Department cover?

We are only responsible for calls for assistance in the City of Shawano. If you live outside of the city, you should call the Shawano County Sheriff's Department at 526-3111. If you have an emergency, dial 9-1-1.

How do I contact someone who's in jail?

The jail is maintained by the Shawano County Sheriff's Department, not the Shawano Police Department. The telephone number for the jail is 715-526-7950. 

Can I get Motor Vehicle Registration assistance at the Shawano Police Department?

Yes, you can get assistance at the front window of the Police Department. The lobby hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. The department no longer issues temporary plates. You may now obtain the actual license plates.

How do I get copies of an accident report?

Come to the front window of the Police Department. There is a charge of 50 cents per page, with most reports being four pages in length.

Can I park on the streets overnight in the winter?

No. Click here for more information.

Is there a curfew in the city?

Yes. Click here for more information.

How do I contact the Shawano Police Department?

Click here.
125 SOUTH SAWYER STREET  |  SHAWANO, WI 54166  |  NON EMERGENCY 715-526-6117  |  ADMINISTRATION 715-524-4545  |  FAX 715-524-2786